At concluding it seems that directly I lead keep a real elegant solution inward the shape of https://quip.com/.
Quip looks a lot similar Evernote together with has a similar interface alongside documents contained inward notebooks, precisely i of the large differences is that Quip was designed specifically to enable peer editing together with collaboration on documents together with has a real clear means of showing together with tracking the changes.
Here’s a brusque tutorial showing yous how it works:
Why should nosotros acquire our students peer editing?
- It improves their awareness of accuracy
- It tin improve the character of their writing
- Pushes students to bring that writing is a procedure that needs revisions together with redrafting
- The mightiness to collaborate inward digital environments is probable to hold upwardly an of import existent basis digital literacy
What kinds of peer editing activities tin nosotros exercise alongside students?
- We tin laissez passer on them texts alongside planted errors (10 – 20) inward to piece of occupation on a detect together with right together. These could hold upwardly the lyrics of songs they similar or stories or articles they lead keep read.
- We tin acquire students to right each others’ compositions earlier nosotros await at them.
- We tin laissez passer on them texts alongside specific features missed out together with acquire them to piece of occupation together to add together them. These could hold upwardly linking or referencing devices, punctuation, vocabulary words, grammatical features such every bit prepositions or articles etc.
- We tin acquire them working together to rearrange parts of a text into a ameliorate fellowship or structure.
- We tin laissez passer on them the bare construction of a storey together with inquire them to embellish it together with acquire inward to a greater extent than descriptive together with interesting.
What I similar close Quip
- It’s free
- Nicely designed interface
- Works together with looks good inward both tablet app shape together with inward the browser
- Clearly tracks together with highlights changes to documents yesteryear dissimilar users
- It looks secure together with enables yous to boundary who sees together with works on the document acre editing
- Has a sort of chat messaging characteristic which works along side the notes for changes
- We tin operate it to acquire students collaborating together with working together exterior the classroom
What I’m non together with thus certain about
- It requires registration, which tin tiresome things downward inward class, precisely it does likewise add together a grade of security
- I haven’t tried it alongside larger groups nevertheless together with thus I’m non certain how reliably it volition component when scaled upwardly to tell having a whole grade piece of occupation synchronously on a unmarried document
- Not certain how long it volition remain gratis (There is a Quip Business already available)
I’m directly looking frontward to my side yesteryear side course of written report together with thus that I tin campaign Quip out together with acquire a fighting to a greater extent than experience alongside it. I promise yous likewise detect it useful alongside your students. Do driblet me a business together with permit me know how it goes.
- What exercise yous experience are the primal digital literacy skills that 21st century learners need?
- Get Students Checking Grammar together with Collocation
- How I operate social media for my professional person development
- Two Contrasting Views of Educational Technology
- Online Teacher Development Works Best – xv Reasons Why
- Developing your digital written report skills
- Temporary Bookmarking
- Creating a personal homepage
- Social Networks together with the Web 2.0 Revolution
- Create your ain social network seven steps
- A Tick List of 21st Century Digital Skills for Teachers