To create an AnswerGarden poll simply become to http://answergarden.ch as well as click on the + sign at the top. Then you lot tin either type inward a topic to brainstorm or a question.
AnswerGarden poll responses are limited to either xx or twoscore characters thus last certain that the type of interrogation you lot purpose doesn’t necessitate a long complex answer. AnswerGarden plant best when entirely a unmarried discussion respond is required.
Once you lot own got added your topic or interrogation you lot tin simply click motion into as well as your poll volition last ready. Then simply portion the URL amongst the recipients.
You tin refine your poll as well as add together around safety to it if you lot wish.
- There are a publish of modes you lot tin direct for your poll.
- You tin allow dissimilar users to repeat the same answer, inward which instance the repeated discussion volition seem larger depending on the publish of people who motion into the word, or you lot tin allow each discussion to last entered entirely 1 time.
- You tin laid the poll to last moderated thus that words entirely seem in 1 lawsuit you lot approve them.
- You tin add together a password for the poll as well as add together your e-mail address to larn an admin link for the poll.
- You tin lock the poll thus that nobody tin add together to it, but this would ordinarily last done in 1 lawsuit the poll is complete.
Once the poll has been launched at that spot are a publish of other overnice features including an automatically generated QR code to brand the poll slow to access for students on mobile phones.
You tin also portion the poll quite easily through a hit of social media or larn an embed code to add together it to a webpage or blog. You tin fifty-fifty geo broadcast the poll through your local network thus that anyone tin uncovering it on their Galvanic cell or laptop.
Once your students own got completed the poll at that spot are a publish of export options including export to Wordle, Tagxedo which allow you lot to customise the discussion cloud as well as relieve or edit the results. You tin also ship it to Twitter or relieve it every bit a PNG.
AnswerGarden inward the classroom
- You tin laid a topic as well as larn students to brainstorm vocabulary connected amongst that topic. Once all the words own got been added you lot tin enquire students to peer instruct whatsoever they don’t know inward pairs or small-scale groups or enquiry the words inward an online dictionary.
- Example: http://answergarden.ch/view/216363
- As a warmer you lot could larn students to motion into all the verbs, nouns or adjectives they know that firstly amongst a detail letter. You could fifty-fifty create 2 or 3 AnswerGardens amongst the same business as well as give them to dissimilar groups as well as meet which grouping produces the most examples.
- Example: http://answergarden.ch/view/216365
- You could make a variation of the higher upwards game past times getting students to brainstorm nouns that own got specific qualities. For example, students could add together anything they tin mean value of that has feet, or anything that tin fly, or anything that is green.
- Example: http://answergarden.ch/view/216364
- You could firstly amongst a route discussion as well as enquire your students to motion into or collect words that collocate amongst it. This doesn’t own got to last done inward 1 lesson but students could purpose a publish of these AnswerGardens to collect collocations. They could make a similar matter amongst phrasal verbs using either a verb or a preposition inward the question.
- Example: http://answergarden.ch/view/216366
- You could purpose AnswerGarden to larn your students to create anagrams from a route word. Again you lot could own got a dissimilar poll for each grup as well as brand this competitive.
- Example: http://answergarden.ch/view/216367
- You could purpose an AnswerGarden to notice out to a greater extent than well-nigh your students past times getting them to motion into things or people that they similar or don’t like, such every bit favourite sports or actors.
- You could notice out how students experience well-nigh something past times getting them to motion into adjectives to limited their feelings well-nigh anything from politics to activity enquiry on specific classroom techniques you lot use. Or they could simply motion into adjectives to depict how they are feeling. This is a adept agency to accept the temperature of the room.
- Example: http://answergarden.ch/view/216362
- You could purpose AnswerGarden to larn students to create upwards one’s withdraw heed betwixt 2 or 3 options. They simply type inward the 1 they desire as well as the most pop 1 volition seem every bit the biggest word.
- Example: http://answergarden.ch/view/216369
Because AnswerGarden is thus elementary as well as quick to purpose as well as doesn’t necessitate registration it would last non bad to larn students using it to create their ain small-scale enquiry questionnaires. They could as well as then portion these inside the degree or through their social media networks as well as and then introduce the responses inward class.
I promise you lot savour using AnswerGarden amongst your students. Please post whatsoever additional ideas or links to examples you lot own got created inward the comments.
- Digital Video – H5N1 manual for linguistic communication teachers
- Managing the digital classroom – Using a backchannel
- Managing the digital classroom – Getting students’ attention
- 20 + Things you lot tin make amongst QR codes inward your school
- Crowdsourcing Knowledge amongst Students